Friday, October 5, 2012

Briggs Arrival

Last night as a family of 3!!

Leaving for the hospital:)
LETS DO THIS!!

He's here!!!

Briggs Jacob Dyreng 7lbs 11 oz 20 inches long


Love Dr. Laine!!
First time meeting brother!!!

First pic as a family of 4!!!

Nanna loves her babies:)

Goin home:)

 I cant believe Briggs is finally here!! His birth story is rather boring..nothing to exciting which I wasnt complaining at all. I still want to write about it for my records though.. We are so in love:)

Friday, Aug 31 I was schedued to go in at 8 that night to be induced. I wanted to have him in Sept so thats why it was late. My parents and sister Sierra met up with us around 6 and we went and ate at Sizzler.. it was so nice to go out and just relax and get somewhat filled up because I knew it would be awhile before I would be eatin again. I was suppose to call the hospital at 7 pm to make sure it was ok that I came in and they didnt have any room for me so i had to call back at 8. So we just hung around our house and talked with my parents and what not. So 8 rolls around.. call them.. still way busy call back at 9.. ok kinda frustrated! Call back at 9.. still way busy so call back at 10.. Called back at 10.. no room.. k now I just wanted to cry and I just said how bout I get a good nights rest and then come in early in the mornin instead of playin this game all night. They said call back at 11:30 and then if there still isnt' any room then they will have me come in in the morning. It was a full moon that night and was raining which they say alot of women go in to labor with it being a full moon and it was raining so thats like double! So I was hopin that 11:30 would roll around and that they would be able take me cause I just cant take it any longer and I am so anxious to meet our little guy!! They called me back at 10:30 and said COME ON IN! Best words ever! I was so excited.. Jake had to throw some things in his bag and before we left our house I asked Sierra if she would like to tag along and witness her first birth.. she was all for it and joined us. It was so fun having her there. I probably ruined her for life but she said it was such a neat, beautiful experience!
- We didn't get to the hospital til about 11:45 pm and by the time they asked me all sorts of questions they finally got me started at 1 am.. I told them I didn't want my epidural until I absolutely needed it. So we got all settled in our room and was just hangin out watchin my contractions on the screen that I wasnt feeling. A couple hours went by and they check me at 3 am and I was only at a 3+ so they decided to up my pitocin to get things moving right along. Well they came back in at 5 am and I was at a 6 and so they decided to turn the pit down cause they didn't want to me to go into labor just yet . They wanted my doctor to get a little more sleep and they didn't want to stress the baby out to much so we just basically tried to get more sleep but I was getting to excited cause I knew it was getting close. I felt so good! My contractions started to get more intense so they called the anithisiologist (?) in and he gave me my epidural but it started to go in to my blood stream so he had to take it out again and do it again... he acted like it was no big deal which i'm sure it wasn't but i just didn't want to have to go through that again even though it doesn't hurt.. i just have to mentally prepare myself haha... I hated my epidural this time though. It took away the pain which is so nice but every 15 min I kept gettin little shocks of it again and then my legs would go way numb again and then I could start to feel it wearing off and then all of a sudden I would feel them goin numb again.. every 15 minutes.. it was so annoying but I guess it was worth it to not feel the pain:) Around 8:30 my doc came in and broke my water and they she was goin to head over to another hospital and do some deliveries there and I remember thinkin .. why are you leaving I could possibly have this baby with in like an hour.. but she left and bout an hour later the nurse checked me again and said I was ready but they wanted to wait for My doc to come back and so i was just layin there at a 10 for about a half hour and Dr. Laine came in and  her and the nurse got me ready to start pushing.. Which I loved having her there to help me push cause with Pais my doc didn't come in until she was ready to come out so the nurses did everything. I pushed through 2 contractions and he was out and the most beautiful thing ever! We were so happy.. they laid him right on me and I got to hold him for a good half hour before they cleaned him or anything and I loved his smell and he was so so warm. I am so glad they let me hold him for that long. I love the skin to skin method and feel like thats why he is such a better nurser then pais was. We were all shocked to hear how big he was since pais was so small I just thought I would have really small babies but he was perfect size!! We were so anxious for Pais to come to meet her new brother and see her reaction. She didn't get it and wanted nothin to do with him. Not that she hated him but she just was not interested. She didn't show any interest until all the family left and even my mom when she came to stay with us a few days. It was so fun to have family come and meet out Briggs. We feel so blessed that he is ours and we're so glad that he is finally here and healthy and perfect as can be!! We cant wait to see what he will be like and the boy and man he will turn into:) We love you Briggs!!


4 comments:

Chad and Mandi said...

Oh I have been waiting for this post! Congrats and welcome little Briggs!

Hollie said...

Nat! He is adorable!! I love that top picture of him. I love reading birth stories. They are all so different and special. Hope things are going good for you guys. miss ya girl!!

Alex and Katie said...

Oh,I have been waiting for this post!! Birth stories are so unique, and beautiful in their own ways; I just love reading them:) Congrats on such a handsome little boy, Briggs definitely joined an -AMAZING- family!!

Josh and Ashley said...

Natalie he is so adorable! I love the name you picked by the way. I hope I get to meet him very soon! I'm glad everything went well and I hope your recovery has been great :) Love your cute little family!

FaMiLiEs ArE FoReVeR*

..."I believe in the family where there
is a husband who regards his
companion as his greatest asset and
treats her accordingly;
where there is a wife who looks upon
her husband as her anchor and strength.
The cultivation of such a home
requires effort and energy,
forgiveness and patience,
Love,
and, endurance, and sacrifice;
but it is worth all of these and more."....

.. Gordan B. Hinckley