Sunday, January 10, 2010

Be A LITTLE BETTER:)



I recieved our ward newsletter for the month today and I love one of the quotes they put on there.. I loved it. Thought I would share some of this goodness!
Be A LITTLE BETTER..
Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you. (2 corinthians 12:11)
"We are all in this together, all of us, and we have a great work to do. Every teacher can be a better teacher that he or she is today. Every officer can be a better officer than he or she is today. Every father can be a better father. Every mother can be a better mother. Every husband can be a better husband, every wife a better wife, every child a better child. We are on the road that leads to immortality and eternal life and today is a part of it. Let us never forget it."

-Gordon B. Hinckley

I love/ loved that man!!:)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I love getting to leave the first comment on your blog! I love Gordon B. Hinckley too! He is so inspiring and he makes it seem simple enough to be better that anyone can do it without the fear of failure! And speaking of inspiring, that's what you are to a lot of people!Love you, Nat! :o)

Heidi Madsen said...

Thank you for sharing. I agree with your friend Nicole, he is inspiring and so are you! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas and that it was spent with your husband.

Sarah said...

I sure do miss Pres. Hinckley! I've never heard that quote before, so thanks for sharing it with me. Happy New Year Nat!

FaMiLiEs ArE FoReVeR*

..."I believe in the family where there
is a husband who regards his
companion as his greatest asset and
treats her accordingly;
where there is a wife who looks upon
her husband as her anchor and strength.
The cultivation of such a home
requires effort and energy,
forgiveness and patience,
Love,
and, endurance, and sacrifice;
but it is worth all of these and more."....

.. Gordan B. Hinckley