Sunday, February 21, 2010

State Drill Team*


This is not a good pic AT ALL but I wanted to show you how
stinkin cute there costumes are:) Thanks Millard!! This is dance
routine by the way.

This is our awesome military routine!

The ending of our dance.. love it!!

Our kick routine-- love these costumes!



Krysten, Whit and precious reagyn..

Heidi, Wynter, me and Mel.. millard coaches! love you !!

Me and my cutest sisters!! So proud of them.

Our awesome seniors..... and demi lol

The pic we took of millard with our 2nd placers!

ha the best about this picture is jordan and amelia.. lol





Waiting for awards........





Getting pumped up for military!!!!

Inside joke:)

gotta love the meetings in the hotel the night before!



Katelyn, jordan, shelby and Demi..love them!

The night before state we went and ate at the Brick Oven and guess
who was sittin by us.. LARRY KINGS WIFE!! She is so beautiful:)

One of larrys kids had a crush on one of the drill girls Kelsey.
haha she was tryin to kiss him!

Cutest girls ever!

The bus ride up to state. The parents made all us cotton candy and
we got so hyper off of it.. we were like little girls at a carnival! hahaha

Well my friends its about that time that I posted about this amazing journey with the Talons!! WE TOOK 2ND AT STATE!! I could not be more proud of these girls... At first they were sad cause they didn't take 1st but I reminded them that they took 4th last year and that anything better is a step up and a goal!! So since my sisters dance for Millard we have kinda been sister teams and so after state we went and got a picture with them. They took 2nd also and they were so sad/mad they took 2nd and we were so excited we got 2nd. haha but when I hugged my sisters I still cried with them:)
Anyways I hate to see this drill year end but am so excited for the next year to come! Its so nice not being so busy all the time with that and to get to be with my husband again. He has been nothing but awesome and supportin me every step of the way with all this drill team action.
When I first applied for this job I told myself that it will probably be so different then what i'm use to. They had taken 4th at state last year and thats the best they have ever done and I think just 2 years before that they didn't even make it to state. So goin into to this position I was just preparing myself that we would be just ok and that it would probaly be just a growin year. When I think about the first of the year and watchin all them dance I was suprised at all the talent they had on the team and I was so excited to get to work with them. They have seriously come so far..... SO FAR! It really was the best year and all the girls got along so good and we never had any drama and everyone was just best friends. We had some awesome seniors and awesome captains this year. Its always so hard to say goodbye to the seniors but so fun to see new ones come on the team and new leadership. I am so glad that Krysten ( head coach) and I get along so well.. I really look forward to coachin with her next year( by the way she got coach of the year for 3a) . I am so so grateful for my little Talons and I hope they know how much I love them. They really are my other family and event though I don't have kids I always tell people I have 19 of them.. haha
Thanks to everyone who supported me and the Talons and the Millard Selgaes. I had such awesome support from my family and extended family and thanks to Diane and Kristen for comin and watchin in Richfield. It meant more to me then you will know:) We have our year end review March 3 at 6:00 pm.. You all are invited if your not doin anything! THANKS AGAIN TALONS AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND I'M SO PROUD. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT DRILL SEASON!! MUAHHHHHH :)

2 comments:

The Chambers said...

i can't believe how fun this looks. I'm so happy that you get to be with these beautiful girls and WIN! MEMORIES! I love that you tell people you have 19 kids. that's funny. Elder Madsen is not in my ward anymore. But I still see him every once in a while. But guess who is now? Elder Nathan Dallin! He is from Fillmore. He said he knows all of you guys. what a small world! Great people come from all around you!

Jennie said...

So FUN!! Glad they did so amazing...it reflects your ability and success as a coach as well!
Also, I'm so excited for you and Jake's new callings. I'm sure you will be surely missed with the little ones, but you will both be great with where you're at now. Can't wait to see you SOON!!!!!!

FaMiLiEs ArE FoReVeR*

..."I believe in the family where there
is a husband who regards his
companion as his greatest asset and
treats her accordingly;
where there is a wife who looks upon
her husband as her anchor and strength.
The cultivation of such a home
requires effort and energy,
forgiveness and patience,
Love,
and, endurance, and sacrifice;
but it is worth all of these and more."....

.. Gordan B. Hinckley