Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lake Powell with the Blads*





























I have never been to Lake Powell as many times as I have this year and its been a BLAST! The start of summer we went down for a night with my boss Marie and her kids and some others who work at the salon. The 2nd time was with my family. We were all so excited. We grew up goin to Lake Powell and since my grandpa let go of his share on the houseboat we haven't been able to go for several years ( well I have cause of Jake's family but for my family they were just OVERLY excited). We didn't get to stay on a houseboat which is most ideal but my parents brought there 5th wheel trailer so we got to spend the evenings and nights in that. My brother Ryan and his amazing wife Bri live in New Mexico right now and so they made the long drive and met us there. WHAT A TREAT! I loved every second with them and I tried to soak up every minute I had with them. I am so glad they made the effort in coming... much needed! My sisters and Jared and Shannon were also able to come which was also a blast having them! We spent 5 days there. Everyday we did something different. The 1st morning there we made the drive over to Rainbow Bridge which is a national monument and one that I have heard about for a long time but had never been. Such a pretty ride on the lake and beautiful monument. The 2nd day we found this huge sand hill kinda in a little cove and we parked there the whole day and just had a more relaxing day. We soaked in the sun, laughed, talked, ate, played cards, latterball, built castles, caught fish, and laughed some more. The 3rd day we were there we went and toured the dam and that was really quite cool. There were lots of things I had no idea aboout Lake Powell and why and how it came to be. It was so awesome though!The next 2 days were really relaxing and we pretty much just layed out alot and played games. At about everyday we would go back to camp and cook dinner and play cards and latter ball all night. One of the nights we were there we celebrated my moms 49th birthday. We made homeade ice cream and had all sorts of yummy toppings for that. I am so glad we got to go vacation there this year. My family and I have lots of good memories of Lake Powell.. Ones that you could never replace. I am glad we could relive some of those funnest memories with each other. Thanks dad for working so hard so that we were able to take this trip. Thats one thing about my dad is he has always had to work his butt off but he has always made sure we went places growing up. We all know that vacations are not cheap but I am so grateful for him for that and for wanting his family to experience life together in different places. Thats something I want to make sure is a must when Jake and I raise our family. I know its because of these vacations why my family ( and extended) is so close. Its one of my many blessings I'm grateful for. Thanks again Dad and Mom. Goodbye Lake Powell and Ryan and Bri:)

2 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Looks like an AMAZING trip! I'm glad you guys had so much fun celebrating your mom's birthday and having a family reunion. :)

Sarah said...

I just love your family. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun and got so tan. My poor shoulders have only seen the sun once this year. Gosh I've never been to Lake Powell, have I really lived in Utah my whole life? When are you going to post some pictures of yourself? I want to see you nice and pregnant Nat.

FaMiLiEs ArE FoReVeR*

..."I believe in the family where there
is a husband who regards his
companion as his greatest asset and
treats her accordingly;
where there is a wife who looks upon
her husband as her anchor and strength.
The cultivation of such a home
requires effort and energy,
forgiveness and patience,
Love,
and, endurance, and sacrifice;
but it is worth all of these and more."....

.. Gordan B. Hinckley