Monday, December 27, 2010

Labor story-

ON OUR WAY TO THE HOSPITAL!!!!!!
Just enjoying the epidural and anxious to meet this little girl-- i love how fat my face is !!

I call this one her "mug shot" lol

Jake looks just a little tired huh??!!0
Her first bath...
She loves getting her hair washed:)
I have been getting lots of request for an update.. so peeps out there.. this is for ( well mostly me).

Can I just start with how much I love this baby girl? She has been so fun and such a good baby- I can't believe she is 5 weeks today. Well actually I can believe it but when I think about it I can't believe I have a 5 week old. She had been a good baby so far- she mostly sleeps all day and mostly all night except for her waking up every 2 hours to eat but I don't mind cause she needs to be fattened up. Before you know it she will be my little oinker. As of last wed she was weighing in at  ( you ready for this?)........ 7 pounds 7 ounces.  WAHOO!! She is just barely startin to stare at you and smile just a little bit. Its so stinkin cute. She is really alert to noises and I have takin her to 2 competitions and she slept through all of it so the loud music didn't bother her at all.. I pray that she is not deaf now- if you have ever been to a drill team competition you know what I'm talking about:) I absolutely love being and Jake and I  are having so much fun with her!

Now for the labor story- The doc told me that if I haven't had her by Nov 22 then he would induce me earlier cause of Thanksgiving. So on Monday the 22nd at 12:05 am we headed on over to the hospital. We don't live more than 3 minutes away from the hospital so the drive wasn't bad at all.. lol.. it was so surreal . I just kept making the comment to Jake about how surreal this is. When we walked out of our house I was like next time I see this place we will have little Pais with us. As we walked into the hospital I was getting butterflies but I was feeling really calm.. and huge! Did I mention I felt HUGE??!! We went on down to Labor and Delievery where they got me my room and I got changed and everything. They put a cervic softener in me about 12:45 and said that they would check me in 3 hours and if I hadn't dialated at all they would be me another one and if that didn't work 3 hours after that.. then they would start me on Pitocin. Well during the first 3 hours I just kinda laid there. I kept goin in and out of sleep and I didn't have any pains at all. Well at 3 they checked me again and said I was only at a 2+.. let me remind you that I went in there at a 2. ... so I was hardly makin any process and I knew that I probably wouldn't be having this baby until like 4 pm.... ahhhhhhhhhh! So they decided to give me another cervic softener and then right after that I started having some pains that were starting to get umbearable.. and the lady was like can you feel that your having a really hard contraction.. I could feel it but it wasn't that bad but they were getting umcomfortable and I was like they are startin to get a little hurty. By that time (5 am) I was dialated to a 4 and said I could get my epidural- so I really only have to feel those hurty contractions for about a half hour.. and they weren't even that bad. So they gave me an epidural and oh my gosh --- HEAVEN!! Seriously its the best.. I'm not big into medicines and stuff and I rarely even take Ibuprofen for a headache but I will ALWAYS get an epidural. World of difference... so bout 2 hours later (7 am) they checked me again and I was at a 5 so I was slowly progressing but at least I was progressing. My doc had come in right before he went in to do a c-section to check on me and I said everything was goin great. Well 20 minutes went by and they decided to check me again but because the screen said I was having some major contractions so when they check me I was at an 8--- holy freakin cow.. I had dialated 3 centimeters in 20 minutes. They nurse was like well mom and dad you will have a baby before noon.. YAY!!  That was when I called my mom ( she had her bags packed and everything she was just waiting for the call) and said I was at an 8 so to get in the car and head down cause I was goin fast. Well with in the hour she check me again and I was at a 10-- from what I understood I thought when you were at a ten it was like " call the doctor hurry"-- but after she said I was at a 10 she went over to the computer and did some things on it and took her own sweet time.. she was in no hurry at all. The nurses got me all ready to push- ALSO.. I didn't know that the doctor isn't with you when you push.. the nurses do everything and then when the baby is right there they will call the doc and he hurries and runs down and then you have the baby.. anyways so I pushed for about 40 minutes which seems like a long time but they said the average is 30 min-3 hours.. i was hoping I wasn't in the 3 hour range because I was thinkin I would die.. So it took me 40 mins to push but my contractions were still far apart so we kept having to wait for one so I could push.. I pushed about 6 sets of 3 and she was right there!!! They called Dr. Gatherum down and I gave another push and out little Paisley came at 9:38 am. SO FREAKIN AWESOME!! My first reaction was like thats it? That is labor.. I could totally do it again tomorrow!! I loved holdin her right when she came out.. she was so little and when they told me she was only 5 lbs 6 oz I was shocked! This couldn't be my baby--- which that is so unusual anyways cause she was 4 days late!! I was so glad to have her there finally- My mom arrived 10 minutes after she was born and came in and we cried together. Jake called his mom and she couldn't handle it so she called Allen down the farm and said we have to go right now and meet our new grand girl... My dad arrived 40 minutes after with my sister. I was so glad to see them. Right after she came out Jake and I looked at each other and cried and we had a moment.. it was so cute! It took awhile to get her cleaned up and she actually wasn't breathing really good. She kept grunting which is a sign of not getting enough oxygen and her nose kept flaring. I kept seeing the nurse talk to the other one and they were like whispering so I was like ok.. something is not right. They turned to me and said they might have to take her to the NICU so I wasn't really scared but I just told them what ever they had to do. Before they went to go take her away they let me hold her one last time and they laid her on my skin to skin and actually at this time my body couldn't stop shaking which some people after labor get the shakes just cause their body is in shock and thats what I had cause my body was really hot but I could stop shaking.. well once they put her on me she stopped grunting and started breathing and I stopped shaking.. it was the coolest thing ever. What a blessing-- we just needed to be together. So then they didn't have to take her back anymore. By that time Jakes parents came in and they all got to hold her and the nurses wanted me to be put in my postpardum room so we had everyone move to the room while I tried to get up out of the bed to move also. I stood up and was sooooo nausous. I had to sit down and i felt like i was goin to throw up.. which I did. They brought me a little something to eat and drink so I wasn't so light headed and thinking that would help. So I got up.. went to the bathroom and started to throw up again and I peed my pants.. even after I went to the bathroom.. it sucked.. I had to get a whole new gown and everything. I ended up throwing up about 7 times. It was awful. I had no idea how things would be with my body after I had her. I didn't like it.... I would say the after pain and just not feelin myself was way worse then the actual labor.. Now that its been 5 weeks I feel great.. I hate that I have to wait 6 weeks to excercise.. its killin me. I am so ready and excited to "hopefully" get back in shape and lose weight!  As much as I hate to say this I am so glad to not be pregnant anymore. I really look up to those people who love being pregnant because I didn't.... i'm so gratefull for what it has given me though.

We ended up having to stay at the hospital for 2 days because of how small Paisley was and because I may have gone into labor 2 days before I had her cause when doc G came in to break my water he said there was no water to break so he said that was way unusual. I thought that maybe my water broke 2 days earlier but I didn't have any contractions after that so I didn't think anything of it. So they said if that was the case usually they like to get the babies out after their water breaks no later than 24 hours and if my water did break it was 48 hours ago so they had to test Paisley to make sure she didn't have any infections. She passed so thank goodness. It felt so good to finally get home. On the 2 minute drive home I was so nervous. I wanted Jake to drive like 2 miles an hour and if anyone pulled out I wanted them to do a half of mile in front of us.. Once we got home we packed up things to head to Kanosh for Thanksgiving. I had no idea what to pack because we didn't know what we would need for little paisley so we just packed up everything.. It definetly takes so much longer getting packed up to go places. So many people thought we were crazy for goin anywhere for thanksgiving but we couldn't just stay home.. Life has to go on plus I was excited to show everyone her-- It was a blast.

I'm so glad she had a safe arrival. That was one of my biggest fears growing up is Labor. I can't believe I have accomplished that. The whole pregnancy thing and how a baby arrives is a miracle.. Very well thought out. Our Lord is a very smart man. We love our little Paisley and can't imagine our lives without her. Jake and I have had so much fun laughin at her funny little things that she does. Everyone says she looks exactly like Jake. Neither I or him can see anyone so who knows.. It will be so fun to see her grow and what she will be like.. The END!!

9 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

Congratulations again! I loved reading your story. It brought back many memories for me of Miley's birth. I teared up reading your final paragraph. You are such a sweet, tender, mommy. I too, am glad to hear everything went well, and she is home safe and sound. Love you all!
Jess

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

YEAH glad things went well for you!! That is so neat that Pais started breathing better after the skin to skin. I'm with you I think that does wonders :) I want to come see u and that sweet baby of yours! Let me know a good time :) Ps u always have her dressed cute!! Love ya!!

Nicole said...

I have been so excited for you to post about your labor! I'm so glad everything turned out well and that Paisley is here safe and sound! I'm very happy for you and Jake and I can't wait to see more pictures of her as she grows! Great job with labor and being such an attentive Mom! I love you, Nat!

The Wintertons said...

I'm glad things went great for you!! Paisley is so cute! Being a mom is wonderful, enjoy every minute of it! :)

Ms. Amber said...

I loved reading your labor story! It makes me travel down memory lane and relive my own! Paisley is so cute! And by the way you look great! But I know what you mean about wanting to get back into shape. Hope things keep going so well for you guys!

Sarah Stout said...

Wow, Nat! That's an amazing story... I cannot believe how cool it is that they laid her on you and that you stopped shaking and it helped her breathing. WOW. That is one of the coolest things I've ever heard! Paisley will love to hear that story someday. :)

Joe, Karli & Claire said...

She is beautiful! Congrats! I'm so glad everything went well. I wish I could see her in person. I'm sure you are just the cutest mom! Congrats!

Taylors said...

I loved your story!!! You are such a sweet mom and she is darling. Next time you are in Kanosh, please call me. I have a gift for you and I want to hold her!!! I thought the same thing with my first - reach a 10 and you have the baby. Wrong!! I pushed for 2 hours. Thanks for sharing your story - you and her are dolls!!

Window Cleaning Norfolk said...

Appreciate you blogginng this

FaMiLiEs ArE FoReVeR*

..."I believe in the family where there
is a husband who regards his
companion as his greatest asset and
treats her accordingly;
where there is a wife who looks upon
her husband as her anchor and strength.
The cultivation of such a home
requires effort and energy,
forgiveness and patience,
Love,
and, endurance, and sacrifice;
but it is worth all of these and more."....

.. Gordan B. Hinckley