Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas!! 2010


Nanna with Paisley-
















Christmas break was a BLAST! We were able to spend a week and a half split between both our families! It was so fun to get to spend so much time with everyone and to enjoy the time and not worry about getting back to work or drill team. Thanks for all the great memories everyone!

- Can I just say I have THE BEST neighbors in the world! Sunday before Christmas The Grahams (not pictured) held a yummy Christmas dinner at their house. I wish we could be neighbors forever. Every single one of them would do anything for us and already have. Were so blessed to know such great, genuine, people. We have such good memories with all of these people.Thanks for all do. Love you ALL!  

-This year we spent Christmas at the Dyrengs. Diane always makes Christmas so fun and MAGICAL! The Thursday before Christmas we did a service project as a family. We went around to the Grandparents houses and gave them a laundry basket full of dinners that they could freeze and warm them up when they wanted them. Since their getting up their in age its easier to go out and eat instead of making something. Such a good idea I thought to whosever idea it was. We sang carols to them as they opened the door. I think its so awesome for our nieces and nephews to experience these good acts of service while they are young and especially to their great grandparents. I can honestly say that I have never met one of my  great grandparents let alone know their names. These kids are so lucky to not only know them or their names but to actually get to interact with them and get to know well who they are. I'm so grateful to be married into such an amazing family. There is so much love in this family that I can't even talk about them without tearing up. I love everyone individually so much and cant imagine what live would  be without each and everyone of them. Thanks for keeping the spirit and spirit of Christmas alive in all of you! As for the picture of Diane climbing the ladder-- Jake made that ladder for Diane from all the kids and when she opened it they all made her climb it.. hahaha it was so funny. The boys do love their mother:) Way to be a good sport Diane!

- My bestfriend EVER Amanda was in K town for Christmas. It has been since last years Christmas that I have seen her. Her and her husband Cleve live in Texas so they don't get to make it out here as much as we would all like. Let me tell you a little bit about this girl ( I may or may not be crying) She is AMAAZING. I am not even sure if that word even does justice. She is not just one of those girls that you grow up with and then after highschool you never see again. We haven't been able to talk like we should but everytime we do talk we pick up right where we left off and its the best conversation in the world. We met in the summer before 1st grade. Her family moved to Kanosh just a block away from me. It was "Pink Day" the day we met ( I'm not even sure what that is anymore cause Fillmore hasn't celebrated it in years). I had gone down with my cousin Stacia to meet them. Amanda and I were wearin the same Jelly shoes and from that day on we were inseperable- We did everything together and I have so many memories with her. We played barbies, swam in uncle phils pool and ate grilled cheese sandwiches and would laugh so hard and loud that her sister Sam could hear us from their house -which at this time was 4 blocks away- we played softball together, our rental house was the half mark between our house so we would always meet their and then walk on to my house or hers, I remember the time I got my heart broken by this kid that I liked and we were in mandas room and she sat their and soothed me while I cried and listened to " I'm all outta love" haha now I look back and just laugh-- whats life all about right? , when she got her cage on her leg I got the opportunity of caring hers books and lunch tray, we did Sparkettes together, did Drill Team together, were captains together, went to every church activity together, graduated together, but best of all we spent 11 years together. Not alot of people have a best friend like I did.. and I'm so sorry people miss out on that. I have never met anyone like her and of course you don't realize their aren't more people like her when you graduate and go to college and meet a whole new set of friends.. nope not like Amanda! One of a kind and I miss her so much. I'm so proud of the beautiful women she has become inside and out. She has gone so far with life and I just adore her and Cleve. Their such a happy couple and make the best of everything. I'm so glad I got to spend 15 minutes with her over Christmas. I know she had limited time with her family and cleves and I'm so glad she took a minute to come see me. I hope one day we can somewhat live by each other and have our kids grown up together. I love you Manda and am so grateful for you and for the true and real friendship I have with you. I wish to this day that we would have videoed our lives together and all of fun times and talks. Nobody laughs with me at the things you would laugh at with me. Can't wait to see you again.. Lets talk soon.. I love you a million saltine crackers in my ice cream bowl.

-For New Years we spent it at my cabin with my parents, sister, Jared, Shannon, Brogen, Ryan and Bri. We got to spend 4 days up their and we had a blast. Ryan and Bri are still living in New Mexico and their HAVING A BABY!! I can't! The night before they were goin to come they called all of us and said that Bri wouldn't be coming because she was sick.. what what you say? Yep a good kind of sick... I BEGGED her to come and she did.. and I love her! I love spending time with my brothers and their wives and cute kids! I love that picture of Bri holding Paisley while they nap together. PRICELESS! On New Years Eve we played games and had to set up our homeade table out of mattress for my sister Camille. She had popped her other knee out and dance practice and had popped it out again at the cabin... she will get surgery soon but is taking a risk and is goin to dance at State thats coming up. So grateful for my amazing family and for all the love and support they give my little family. Happy New years!




No comments:

FaMiLiEs ArE FoReVeR*

..."I believe in the family where there
is a husband who regards his
companion as his greatest asset and
treats her accordingly;
where there is a wife who looks upon
her husband as her anchor and strength.
The cultivation of such a home
requires effort and energy,
forgiveness and patience,
Love,
and, endurance, and sacrifice;
but it is worth all of these and more."....

.. Gordan B. Hinckley