Monday, October 10, 2011

Thoughts*

While I was up in Salt Lake I got to go see my cousin Sarah and her cutest boy Owen. So glad I finally got to meet him and hang out with the family and catch up. Love you! 
First off-- my cousin Brandon came home from his mission on Saturday Oct 8.. Were so glad he is finally back home and safe. We missed you and are so proud of you!
Second off--- I have really had a "come to Jesus" type of week. On Sunday morning I was on my way home from Salt Lake and just as I was on that long stretch from Nephi to Gunnison I saw this view and I couldn't help myself but I had to stop and take this picture.. Rarely do I stop to take pictures but this one I had to..How beautiful is it!! It was such a pretty time of morning to drive home and I had my church jams on and I just couldnt help by tear up ( pretty badly I might add ). A couple days before this Jake and I were at Diane and Allens watchin "17 Miracles".. Have you ever seen it? Talk about changed my life.. I HIGHLY recommend it to EVERYONE. Even if you are not LDS it seriously is soooo good. Have I got my point across? lol Anyways on my drive home I just got thinkin about everything and life and how good it really truely is. Just when I get down and thinkin I have it so bad I am always put in my place so fast and I am so grateful for that. I am so lucky to have the husband that I have and to have to cutest little girl ever. They are my World. I love my families! Both so much.. They all treat me so good and I realize that is whats most important in this life. I love livin here in small G town. We are surrounded by family and its the best ever.. I am so blessed to be married into this family.
Over conference weekend we spent it in Kanosh and most of the family was home but my parents were away to New Mexico for Maddux's blessing and of course we missed them but it was so fun just the kids to hang out and play with the kiddos. As we watched conference I was really touched this conference. As the prophet got up to speak - my eyes filled with tears. What an amazing man! Just lookin at him makes me tear up and feel the spirit so much. He always knows what to say and at times I feel like him and every other speaker is talkin directly to me. What powerful people. Its crazy to me that he even mentioned how bad everything is really gettin and that we need to start praying for our Savior to come. You know its gotta be bad when the prophet stands up and says we need to end this evilness. It is those times and when its sometimes scary to think about him coming again at the same time it brings me peace. I hope everyday that I am doin the right things, saying the right things, being an example, so that I can return back with him. I loved gettin to be with my cousin the night he got home. I always love being around return missionarys cause they are just so full of light and are so happy and loving. I want to live like that everyday:) I know this is a way deep post but I would have been mad at myself had I not takin the time to write down my feelings. The spirit that I felt was so strong driving home that day and I'm grateful for that and it was a huge testimony builder for me..which I really needed. I will always remember it thats for sure. If your still reading..make sure you rent that movie TONIGHT and watch it. Loves:)

P.S. Today I got an email from my Aunt Margo and she sent me this. I think its very appropriate for this post. Thanks Aunt M.. love you!
"May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."

3 comments:

Owens Family said...

I have to tell you that I loved reading this post. I had a very similar week (almost the entire month I swear, so many wake up calls lately). I also have to tell you that you and Jake have the most beautiful little girl. Everytime you post pictures of her I just adore them. She looks so much like Jake but has so many of your gorgeous features too. What a doll!

Karlee said...

Thanks for this post Natalie. You got me tear'in up.

Sarah Stout said...

Glad to hear you guys are doing well! You have been BUSY!

FaMiLiEs ArE FoReVeR*

..."I believe in the family where there
is a husband who regards his
companion as his greatest asset and
treats her accordingly;
where there is a wife who looks upon
her husband as her anchor and strength.
The cultivation of such a home
requires effort and energy,
forgiveness and patience,
Love,
and, endurance, and sacrifice;
but it is worth all of these and more."....

.. Gordan B. Hinckley