Saturday, September 4, 2010

We moved........



AND WE LOVE IT!!!!! It happened all so fast to. Since I have been pregnant Jake and I would talk about the areas in our life where we could save money. Even though we were getting a killer deal where we were at we just didnt really need to live in a place that big and of course we didnt move into the first thing we found. I just kept looking around town to see if something would come up. One Saturday we were just headed down to St.George for a couple hours and I was reading the newspaper and I saw the add for this  place. It sounded awesome so we hurried and called the number and they said we could hurry and come down and check out the house. Right when I walked in the front door I knew this was the perfect place for us. I immediatley got so excited and my hopes up before she had even told us any details or anything. We walked through it and everything just seemed so awesome. I loved that it felt so roomy. Its handicap excessible so the hallways and door ways are freakin ENOURMOUS! I asked her immediatley if we could give her a down payment to be safe. They actually had 3 other spots open also but they were waiting to hear from some people. On the way down to St. George Jake and I talked about it and thought how great it would be to be able to live there. Even though we wouldnt have our 2 car garage and Jakes work bench and our extra bedroom we really felt like we could do with out. So its 2 bedroom 2 bath with a huge storage unit underneath so that made it so nice. Plus there is a carport thats covered and its like 3 minutes away from the highschool so I was way excited for that. When we got back from St. George I told Jake we needed to start packing up the house and we didn't even know if we would be living there. Well its a dang good thing we did cause with Jake working in Gunnison for the summer I didn't have very many days where I could have his help and especially being pregnant it was hard not to lift stuff. They did call us a couple days after and they said we can move in whenever so we were so excited. We had to give a 30 day notice at Sunset Ridge and this was the middle of June so we paid for July in our new place plus half of our rent for July at Sunset Ridge.. That freakin sucked but we just felt so blessed to have found something. We had so much help moving and I can never thank those people enough. It was a little challenging trying to move while Jake was away but it all happened. Jake's mom Diane-bless her heart- came down and her and Meag cleaned basically my whole old apartment while I worked and they did awesome. I really could have done it without them. We also had help from the backporch boys, Trav, Paul and April. I was so grateful for them. If anyone knows me I HATE asking for help so to have all this help I was feeling so bad but so grateful.. THANK YOU EVERYONE! Its so nice saving a little money each month and I feel like we live in such a better place. We live in a 4plex and the other 3 couples are AMAZING! I love all of them. They are all young couples and we are actally the first one to be having a baby. We have all become such great friends and play games and I look forward to this year living next to them. Of course I will always miss Sunset Ridge cause thats where Jake and I spent the first 2 years of our life after Iraq. So much happened there and I'm so grateful for the time that we had there. We made some of the bestest friends there and will miss them so much. I feel so blessed that we were able to find this new apartment. The one where we will bring our little Paisley home to. I love making new memories and I have loved this change. Here's to a new step in life.... CHEERS!!!

8 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

Your new place looks great. I love the way you decorate!

April and Paul Monroe said...

And you forgot to add that you're closer to US!!!!!!! YAHOO!!

Ms. Amber said...

Your new place is decorated SO cute! So, if you are like 3 mins away from the school and in a 4-plex I am thinking that you must be pretty close to my house!

Kayla and Austen said...

Yay! Congrats Nat!! It looks great!

Sarah said...

You new place looks great. I love to blow up the pics and notice every little detail of your decor. So cute! Goodness, little Paisley is going to be here soon.

C said...

And of course your closet to Jimmy and I : )
You already have lots of friends in the area! I need to come see the new place too!

Sarah Stout said...

Oh my goodness, Natalie! Your house is SO adorable. Congratulations! :)

Hollie said...

I was so happy to see your pretty face today! And that freaking cute tiny belly. I have missed you. I can't wait to meet little P. She is going to be adorable for sure!! Your house is so dang cute! I love the way to decorate as well. I need to come visit you more. You need to come see me too!!!!! Luv ya!

FaMiLiEs ArE FoReVeR*

..."I believe in the family where there
is a husband who regards his
companion as his greatest asset and
treats her accordingly;
where there is a wife who looks upon
her husband as her anchor and strength.
The cultivation of such a home
requires effort and energy,
forgiveness and patience,
Love,
and, endurance, and sacrifice;
but it is worth all of these and more."....

.. Gordan B. Hinckley