Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cruisin*












Man, what a freakin awesome time we all had!! Cruises are goin to be my new thing from now on... If you have ever been on one you know you eat so so much but I got a good workout in everyday all day from all the laughing that we did.. we went with the best group of people and I'm so glad were friends. Every night we went to kareoke or a show of some sort.. Some of them were really funny.. I wasn't to fond of the dancers on the ship I didn't think they were that good and their were some that shouldnt be dancers but hey.. I don't have a normal eye anyways so I'm sure people who dont know anything about dance loved them..Can't wait to go again:) May 2012 anyone??
Day1-- Went to bed at 2 am and woke up at 3 am to be ready to pick everyone up at 3:30 and hit the road.. Got to Long beach around 11 and waiting in line to get on the boat.. wahoo!! You have to go through so many security but we finally all made it through( it took del a little longer cause he forgot he had some bullets in his back pack and that caused an uproar but we all got on safe and sound:)
Spent the day unpacking and checkin out the boat.
Day 2-- We were on the boat all day cause we were still on our way to Cabo.. it was so fun to start out the vacation just being on the boat. We gots lots of girl time in laying out in the sun.. and pretty much just having a lazy day. What more could you ask for! I couldnt remember when our first elegant night was but it was monday and that was so much fun.. to see everyone in their pretty dresses and the men all dressed up it was so so fun!
Day 3-- Arrived in Cabo San Lucas.. Shopped at a few shops and after being bombarded with people tryin to buy their "deals" we found the perfect guy who would take us on a tour to lovers beach and snorkel all for 15 bucks. We walked into town and found a scooter shop and each couple rented scooters and we got them for 2 hours so we went sight seeing all through the town and it was one of my favorite highlights that we did. I was for sure ours were goin to die an second or run out of gas but we made it the full 2 hours... I will remember that one for sure.. Snorkeling was fun too.. i just had to get over the fact that the fish weren't goin to eat me and after hyperventilating it was way fun... Jake dove down and tried to touch the fish but I just stayed in my comfort zone above the water.. He was sure fun to watch.. probably more than the fish:) We all snorkeled over to a little cliff island and we took off our gear and climbed up the cliff and jumped off.. It was high but lots of fun:)
Day 4-- The boat was docked for 2 days in Cabo so we went into town again and found someone to just take us over to lovers beach. This day was crazy for the ocean. We went walked over to lovers beach from another beach and the waves were CRAZY BIG! When we walked on the other side of Lovers beach to the Pacific Ocean side.. oh many the waves were even CRAZIER!!! I put up pics of the boys playin in the waves and pics dont do justice but they were enormous. There were a million signs sayin No Swimming.. and some local boys came over and saw all our husbands playin in them and they pretty much told us how crazy they were...Duh--We knew that already! After they had had enough of that we headed back over to the other beach and all of us played in the crazy waves but not as crazy as the pacific side.. We played in them for about an hour and it was so so fun... They would suck you in so far and then when it was getting ready to wash us upshore we would go so far and everytime we got our swimsuits full of sand.. It was a blast! We had to be on the boat earlier so we could set sail for our next destination.
Day 5-- Arrived in Porta Vallearta (sp) and we were off the boat first thing in the morning. Of course we were bombarded with sellers again but we again found that perfect guy ( Thank goodness we had Channing and Hardman that spoke spanish) who would take us to zip line 12 or 13 lines and transport us up there for 35 bucks.. Which one guy said we couldnt find anyone cheaper than 60.. haha sucker we did!! This couple from Nephi who was on our honeymoon joined our group cause who doesn't like a deal right? But they were like family coming from Nephi and they knew lots of people that we did even relatives so that was fun to get to know them. The drive up to the zip line was about 45 min but it was a fun ride. Going through the city and just seeing how people lived.. it broke my heart and Jake said we saw the upper class part of town to.. On the bus ride there was another couple on thier from Pleasant Grove.. and they had actually been on the same cruise ship in November but thats the one that broke down that you heard all about on the news. But they got to come on a all expenses paid cruise.. They were a really fun couple. We finally got to the zip line and man was it a blast. I'm so glad we did it. They filmed a movie up there and I cant remember what it was at the moment but there were a couple kids dressed up like the monster in the show and when you would get off one zip line you would see a guy in costume but it always looked like he was resting so you like oh he is not goin to get me but then there was always someone right there ready to scare you.. it was a really good idea cause no one saw it coming cause we all thought they were resting:) haha  I screamed so loud everytime..I get scared easily. And now I wish I would have bought the video! It was so hot and humid up at the zip line and I was sweating bullets and I never sweat but when were all done there was a little pond with see through water that had a rope swing that you could swing off in to the pond. By that time it became over cast and I was cooled off so I didn't get in but some others did. The zip line was right up there with the scooter ridin as my favorite things:)
Day 6-- That was it were on our way back to California but still had 2 days left on the boad. I was so excited to relax in the sun these next 2 days but they were both windy days on the ocean so we didn't do much layin out but we played lots of cards and hung out and went to shows and played some minature golf. We had another elegant night and this one we wore our fancier dresses and the waiters wore there tuxs and everyone looked so beautiful. Everynight at dinner there was this guy who was a worker but he would walk around to everone and ask them how there day was but he always came over to our table and asked for us to dance with him. All the waiters in the restaurant do a different dance every night so we would learn the dance and go dance with him and this little ledge lookin out over everyone. Dinner was always so fun.. I was always excited to see what they had on the menus and of course the dessert menus.. Then it was off to some kareoke and stand up Comedians and Jake and I went and layed on lawn chairs and watched Little Fockers on the big screen. It was kinda fun just spendin a little alone time with him. We both fell asleep a few time durin the movie but it was fun.
Day7- We pretty much just had a lazy day on the boat and that is always fun to.  I was all lookin forward to tonights big last night show cause our very own Channing sang as Garth Brooks and that was a blast. He won the spot and he had quite the fan club. . if you have ever heard his voice you would know why. There were 3 other guys that sang as Ricky Martin and Elvis and one other I cant remember but they were from BYU and man could they perform.. they went all out and were crazy dancers with their "awesome" moves but they did fantastic as well.Before that show we went to this marriage show and it.was.HILARIOUS! I laughed so freakin hard..... They had 2 couples on their that were Newlyweds but one of them was a much older couple and the other newlywed couples were about our age and then the other couple had been married for like 47 years so it was so funny to hear all the different things they would put and say:)
Day 8-- We got off the boat about 7 and headed back to the big 15 passengers white van for the long ride home. Even though we had just spent 7 days with everyone I still wasn't sick of anyone.. we all had a blast but those of us with kids were so excited to see them. When April and I arrived at her home Paisley and Boston were waitin there for us.. so as soon as we parked we were out the door to see them. Pais didn't know what to think and there were so many people around she was to busy to even look at me. Jake and I missed her both so so much but I'm so glad she was in a fun place with my family. A big shout out to them for takin miss p:)
If your still readin.. congratulations you dont have a life.. haha just kidding... 7 days is along time but well worth it.. Now its back to reality! :(

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Nat how fun! It's been too long since I've been on a cruise. I wanna go! They are a blast. I agree, you have to go with friends. That's the best way to do it. Looking hot my friend! :) I love your formal wear too! So cute!

Whit said...

You are so freakin adorable. I am so glad you had so much fun. I loved our cruise but I want to go with friends so bad next time it looks so fun. I am jealous. I am in for May 2012 unless i am preggers haha

Sarah said...

That sounds like a complete blast! I'm glad you had so much fun. Those places look absolutely amazing, I think I could handle that.

Jennie said...

Looks like you guys had such a great time!! I'm so glad you got to do this. You both deserved it! Miss you guys lots. By the way, I noticed little Paisley with some diamonds in her ears! When did she get these?? Soo cute!!!

April and Paul Monroe said...

Guess I don't have a life....I read the whole thing!! hahah love you

FaMiLiEs ArE FoReVeR*

..."I believe in the family where there
is a husband who regards his
companion as his greatest asset and
treats her accordingly;
where there is a wife who looks upon
her husband as her anchor and strength.
The cultivation of such a home
requires effort and energy,
forgiveness and patience,
Love,
and, endurance, and sacrifice;
but it is worth all of these and more."....

.. Gordan B. Hinckley