Friday, March 4, 2011

Proposal Anniversary

 I LOVED this day--I remember it like it was yesterday. I can't believe 4 years ago today Jake proposed. Time has freakin flew by with the love of my life. So every year I have to tell the story of how it happened:)

 So Jake came over to my house one Sunday afternoon and I was not in the mood to go anywhere! I was so tired and just wanted to be home for some reason and he really wanted me to go down to Red Cliffs so he could try out these new hikin boots he bought for Havasupi Falls. I said ok I guess but as long as were back by 5:30 so I could get ready to go to a fireside. On the way down there I was being the biggest butt head ever.. I was just arguing with him over stupid stuff and it was all me... if I only knew what was about to happen. He later told me that he almost didn't propose because of the way I was acting.. hahaha So we got out of the car and walked around and everything was back to being awesome and in love. We just talked about life and how we can't wait to start our lives together whenever that time would come. Joking around Jake was like what would you do if I proposed today? I was like um I would freakin love you but we all know that's not goin to happen especially since there is no way you could have gotten the ring and there has been no time for him to be able to ask my dad. So we kept walkin around and went to this spot we had just preiously been to for Valentines Day with some other couple friends. He sat me down and got out his guitar and told me that he had finally made up some words to this tune that he had made up since highschool. So he sang it to me and I was just loving every minute of it and then when the song was over he was just lookin at me and I was just like oh that song was so cute ( let me remind you that I still had no idea he was about to pop the question ) and then he got down on one knee and he had sticky tacked the ring to the back of his guitar so he was so smooth and just wipped it right out and asked me.. AAAAHHHHHHHH I loved that moment in time. I was soooooo excited you don't even know! Of course I said yes and gave him a huge hug.. and then it came to me. Oh no he didn't ask my dad... so he told me that he had and I was like when the heck did you do that?? He told me that just 2 days before he met my dad in beaver for lunch and had a good talk to him and it went really well:) I love the relationship that my dad and Jake have. That is very important to me cause my dad is the most amazing person in my eyes whom I look up to alot. After it finally sunk in a little bit I started bawling and just told Jake how in love with him I was and for how sorry I felt after everything I had said on the car ride down. I was so excited to call everyone and tell them. I was on the phone from then on until like 11:30 at night. And if your wondering no I didn't end up goin to the fireside... haha GOOD FREAKIN TIMES! I want to relive that day again and I hope it stays fresh in my mind as if it just happened.. Love me that boy of mine:)

Here is the song he sang to me:)

   Our first kiss took me 10 feet from the ground. I just lay there as you sleep and think of you and me babe... like some kinds of magic. Can't explain how the pieces came to fit. So perfect the whole world around me seem to fade- But I'll never forget the time I looked in your eyes and I felt something I never felt in mylife. oh, oh my heart just melted, but if you'll take my hand we'll spend that rest of our lives in a quiet little town watch the sunset each night oh, oh and I'll always love ya...Your laugh makes me laugh, and time from you just seems so long, cant wait to come back home. I just wanna grasp to you and never let go. We'll just let time role along and on and on and on.. But I'll never forget the time I looked in your eyes and I felt something I never felt in my life, Oh oh my heart just melted. But if you'll take my hand we'll spend the rest of our lives in a quiet little town watch the sunset each night oh oh and I'll always love ya.. but the whole world will try to tell us we don't wanna be together. We'll make it through life of good times and stormy weathers. But I'll never forget the time I looked in your eyes and I felt something I never felt in my life, Oh oh my heart just melted. But if you'll take my hand we'll spend the rest of our lives in a quiet little town watch the sunset each night and oh oh Ill always love ya.....

So cute huh.. he sang it to me again at our wedding luncheon and I love to go back and watch it cause it brings back those memories from when the first time I heard it.. What a stud! My perfect dream proposal:)      THE END!

No comments:

FaMiLiEs ArE FoReVeR*

..."I believe in the family where there
is a husband who regards his
companion as his greatest asset and
treats her accordingly;
where there is a wife who looks upon
her husband as her anchor and strength.
The cultivation of such a home
requires effort and energy,
forgiveness and patience,
Love,
and, endurance, and sacrifice;
but it is worth all of these and more."....

.. Gordan B. Hinckley